Butterfly Reflections

Life...what can I say but it happpens and then you learn.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My First Post

Well, here goes nothing....I always said I would never do this but maybe it will be therapeutic. My problem is that I think my life is pretty boring and I don't have much to say. I guess in time we will see if that is true. Anyways, I am going in for surgery on Tuesday and after that life will never be the same. I am on a mission to a new healthier lifestyle. I know that with the support from my heavenly father, my wonderful husband, and family that I can make it.

The first lifestyle change was to first survive the two weeks of liquid diet. I must say that Carnation Instant Breakfast (no sugar added) has become my new best friend. I might add that it really doesn't taste that bad. I have had chocolate milk that tasted worse. The one thing that I haven't dealt well with is the hunger pains. I guess the 10 pounds lost so far make it worth the while. I must say that even once this first two weeks is over I still have two more after the surgery. I have heard that it will not be as bad......please Lord let it be so.

Well I guess I have rambled enough for now, but I will definitely keep up posting as I start this new adventure. Keep me in your prayers. I have a feeling it won't be that easy but I will survive and be better for it.

5 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger The Secret of Happiness said…

    Praying for you Paula!!

     
  • At 10/03/2006 08:46:00 PM, Blogger C,J,B & K said…

    Glad to see you crossed over to the dark side! Didn't think I would either but, we do have a lot to say!

     
  • At 10/03/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Praying for you guys. Glad to see you've joined the blogging world. Your life is not boring! Maybe something mysterious will crawl up your leg while driving and you can blog about it later.
    Good luck with the surgery, our thoughts are with you!

     
  • At 10/04/2006 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I think I said all the same things you did when I first started my blog...

    Ummm... Carnation Instant Breakfast is my favorite thing to have for breakfast. Of course, I don't think I have tried the sugar free, but I love making a cup to go of it in the mornings... it helps me get my calcium intake for the day.

    I think you are going to feel really good when you get over the initial couple of weeks after the surgery... and that's pretty cool that you lost 10 pounds already.

    You should definitely keep us updated as you continue on this adventure!

     
  • At 10/05/2006 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Daniel said…

    Man! You just gave me a great idea for a diet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home