Butterfly Reflections

Life...what can I say but it happpens and then you learn.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

Hello all, I am finally home. I must say that I am not cut out for the hospital life. I also must say that I am not cut out for IV's either. I am sure if you read Wayne's blog you heard about his take on the day of surgery. Yes, it is true my veins do not cooperate no matter how many times you ask them to. I was ready to scream after the 2nd one blew and just when they said they would go ahead and do a central line, the 3rd one began working wonderfully. It lasted all the way through surgery and recovery but not to my new hospital room. I know Wayne said that I was doped up and probably wasn't really in pain, let me tell you, I was indeed in pain. I was doped up but that just made we be out of it but it certainly wasn't relieving the pain. Once I did get that 4th and final IV (which by the way was in my right wrist so I couldn't use that arm or hand whatsoever), the morphine was flowing and I was feeling pretty good that was until I woke up. Every time I woke up, I would get nautious and start gagging and all that fun stuff Wayne told you about.

Over all, I guess it wasn't the worst experience ever. I actually am surprised at how mobile I am right now. Of course, now I am on vicodin so that may be helping. Well I will post more later, my incisions are starting to hurt a bit so I need to rest. Thank you all for your prayers. I could really feel God cradling me as I was completely in his care during the surgery.

Well, until next time....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home