Butterfly Reflections

Life...what can I say but it happpens and then you learn.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

If These Walls Could Talk, Maybe I Wouldn't Be So Bored!

Well, here I am one week after my surgery. I feel great considering what I've been through. Each morning I get up, take a shower, take all my medicines, multi-vitamins, & calcium supplement. Then it is downstairs to start my exciting day of drinking protein shakes because that is really all I can........aaauuuggghhhhh!!!! I feel like that is all I do. It takes me one whole hour to finish 8 oz. of carnation instant breakfast no sugar added. Then I am supposed to spend the next hour drinking another 8 oz. of water, crystal lite, or decaf tea. (I must interject that I have not been successful doing that yet!) It is so hard to do because I am not hungry whatsoever so when I drink the protein shake I am so full that I can't drink the water or any other liquid listed above. It is so frustrating. I just try to drink as much as I can. I must say I found out that I can have light yogurt so I have added two of those a day to mix it up a little. Yes, folks I am leading such an exciting life right now. My highlight of the day is waiting and watching the door in the afternoons for someone to get home. Usually it is JJ that is the first to walk in the door, then Katrina and Stephen, then sometime later Wayne gets home(YAY!!). Let me tell you it is so good to see them when they get home. Being here all day with Phileo is great but he can't talk back to me. He probably thinks I am crazy because I talk to him constantly. If you know me at all, I am such a people person. I do enjoy having a good conversation or watching something and being able to laugh at it with someone else. I guess you take it for granted. That is why I am not single. The highlight of my day is when Wayne and I get to go and take walk together. The doctor ordered for me to walk at least five days a week but we have decided to go for seven days a week. It feels so good to get out of the house and just walk through our neighborhood. I never knew what we were missing by not doing this before. God has really shown me how strong I really am when it comes to this whole process. It is pretty hard watching everyone eat real food but I know I will be able to eat and chew again soon (aaaawwww to chew again, never thought that would be so nice). Thank you to all my wonderful friends and family for your wonderful words of encouragement and prayers. I know God has placed each of you in my life to help me get through this time. I love you all very much. Okay well I guess that is all I wanted or needed to say.

Until next time...

4 Comments:

  • At 10/10/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Luckily, you started this blog to give you something to do during the day when you are so bored! I hope Wayne told you that we missed you Sunday at the wedding... hope to see you soon!

     
  • At 10/12/2006 08:52:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I'm glad to hear you are feeling good inspite of everything you have been through. I missed you at the wedding but am so excited for you once all of this torture is said and done! You're doing great and your being such a trooper. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At 10/13/2006 09:16:00 AM, Blogger C,J,B & K said…

    Good for you Paula!

     
  • At 10/17/2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger The Secret of Happiness said…

    Paula, we missed you at the wedding! You ARE a strong woman. If anybody can be disciplined and follow what the doctor has told them it's you.
    In the meantime, if you can shoot me an email with your phone number, I would love to hear your voice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home