Butterfly Reflections

Life...what can I say but it happpens and then you learn.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Snow Anyone?

I must say that yesterday when I saw it has snowed in the mountains I was a little jealous. It didn't really snow a whole lot but it snowed. I love snow and how beautiful it looks falling and how beautiful it looks when the ground is covered in such white powder. When I was a little girl we live in Virginia. Every year it would snow and not just a little. We would wake up and have 2 feet of snow. When we lived in Waynesboro, VA, we had like a major blizzard. It was probably a little over 3 feet. I just remember that it was even with our front porch that was pretty high. We lived in a very old house. When I say old, it was like 100 years old, no kidding. It was on top of a hill so you had to drive up to it. My Dad opened the front door and being the funny guy he is decided to see how deep the snow was. He took our black cat and dropped off the porch. All I can say that all we saw was white snow and a hole. Soon the cat came scratching to the surface and by that time the black cat was now white. Needless to say, the cat wouldn't go near my Dad for a long time for fear that it would travel to the white wonders again. Some of my favorite memories are sledding down the hill with my whole family having fun outside. My grandmother lived with us and she would always watch us out the window and wave. When we would come inside she would always have hot chocolate ready for us. I miss those days. I was telling Wayne last night that I hope we get a good snow this year so I can try to play in it again. I know it won't be as fun since we don't have a big hill where we live but still I would love to make a snowman.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...please!!!!

I know it might be too soon for it to but I can't wait until it does.

Let me know what your best memory is with snow.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/24/2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger The Secret of Happiness said…

    Well, I can't say this is my BEST memory because I had to walk to school in it, but there was a winter we had a total snowfall of 20 feet. Yep, and the university never closed.
    Probably my best snow memory would be when Dad would make a skating rink in the backyard for us. He would spend hours out there every night watering that thing and let it freeze overnight.
    We also spent a good many hours sliding down hills and building snowmen. Those are some happy memories.

     
  • At 10/27/2006 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well,Paula, that is a wonderful memory for me as well. But one of my special memories is when we were at your Grandmother Phyllis and it snowed and we all went outside to play in it with your Grandmother doing snow angels for you and your sister. How precious a memory that is. My mother taking time to play with her grandchildren.

     
  • At 10/30/2006 07:34:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I am with you... I want a big snow this year! We haven't had a decent one in 2 years now! Maybe this will be the year... I used to (okay, still do... at least every year when it snows!) play in the snow for hours with my sisters and brother... even as an adult, whenever it starts snowing in Charlotte, me, Tilden, and Becca all still go to my parents house so we can get snowed in there. There's something about being with my family when it snows... we have snowball fights, make snowmen (or snow families), snow angels, do flips in the snow, make snow cream, go kamikaze sledding... and then come inside to throw our wet gloves and hats in the dryer and drink hot chocolate before we go back out again. We've even survived power outages and having the whole family sleeping in the family room with the fire burning, trying to stay warm... yes, some of my favorite memories to laugh about with my sisters took place on snow days...

    Thanks for allowing me to conjure up some memories... I enjoyed reading everyone elses as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home