Butterfly Reflections

Life...what can I say but it happpens and then you learn.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life.....where does the time go?

I know what you must be thinking.....where is this going to go? Well, I will be turning 30 two weeks from tomorrow. I don't think that I am neccessarily nervous or anxious about it. I actually feel a little blah about it. I think in a way that I want to act as if it is nothing really significant. I even told my husband that I don't want a party of sorts. I kind of just want to let it to be another day. Is that weird? A few months ago I was really excited about turning 30 and wanted a big party. I guess that is just how us women are. We change our minds frequently.

It could be that I am just tired. We have really been busy lately with church, work, friends, and all the usual routines of life. I actually am trying to figure out a weekend that there is nothing planned or scheduled so I can just do that......nothing. It really is amazing how we can get so busy doing that we forget to stop and have time for ourselves. I think that is really what I am needing is just some good old "me" time. I haven't really had that in a long time. Usually "me" time consists of laying on the couch and watching a good movie that you haven't seen a long time. It is also usually a movie that you don't get to watch often because your spouse doesn't like it.

I also think that part of my blah problem is that I feel a little stressed. There always seems to be something that comes up just when you feel likes things are finally starting to fall into place. I know that when we go through times like these it is just an opportunity for God to teach us something. I also know that these times happen so that we can grow stronger. I was listening to the local christian radio station on my way into work this morning and the radio host was talking about the song, "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me. She was saying that most people wonder why we would ask to trials to come in our lives. Then she also said that when we are most vulnerable is when God is able to reveal the most to us. It really was like a light bulb moment for me. I sing that song a lot in Praise & Worship. I always knew what I was singing but I guess I never realized what I was asking for. The chorus goes:

"Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free, bring me anything that brings You glory. And I know they'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise You. Jesus bring the rain."

So I guess all this rambling is so that I can say that I will PRAISE HIM!!!!! Even when I feel blah, I will PRAISE HIM. Even when I feel stressed, I will PRAISE HIM. Even when I feel so overwhelmed and defeated, I will PRIASE HIM.

I WILL PRAISE HIM!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home